Continuous Professional Development
As our commitment to enhancing personal skills and professionalism among members, the CGIA CPD is a mandatory requirement for all members. In order to be in a good standing and to gain professional points, every member of the CGIA attends one CPD per year.
Organized every year, the CGIA CPD brings together all members and affiliates to help them to gain deep knowledge, demonstrated expertise and credibility in the investment and financial services industry.
Why is CGIA CPD important?
- CPD ensures your capabilities keep pace with the current standards of the investment and financial services industry
- CPD ensures that you maintain and enhance the knowledge and skills you need to deliver a professional service to your clients and your firm.
- CPD ensures that you and your knowledge stay relevant and up to date. You are more aware of the changing trends and directions in the investment profession. The pace of change is probably faster than it’s ever been – and this is a feature of the new normal that we live and work in. If you stand still you will get left behind, as the currency of your knowledge and skills becomes outdated.
- CPD helps you continue to make a meaningful contribution to your team. You become more effective in the workplace. This assists you to advance in your career and move into new positions where you can lead, manage, influence, coach and mentor others.
- CPD helps you to stay interested and interesting. Experience is a great teacher, but it does mean that we tend to do what we have done before. Our focused CPD opens you up to new possibilities, new knowledge and new skill areas.
- CGIA CPDs deliver a deeper understanding of what it means to be an investment and finance professional, along with a greater appreciation of the implications and impacts of your work.
Members will receive full updates on when, where, participation fee and topics to be discussed at each CPD session via membership communication channel.
Do you still have questions regarding your CGIA CPD? Send us an email via email@example.com