CGIA Certified Investment Firms (CIF) are the leading investment and financial planning firms across Africa which have distinguished themselves as the go-to authority when it comes to financial planning and investment advisory.
Financial advisory firms, which either manage assets or provide investment advice to clients have a huge obligation in executing these tasks, especially while exhibiting the highest level of professionalism.
All CGIA Certified Investment Firms must have adopted the Global Investment Performance Standards. Click here to download the GIPS.
What is the GIPS?
The Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) is a set of standardized, industry-wide ethical principles that guide investment firms on how to calculate and present their investment results to prospective clients.
When investment firms follow global standards for presenting investment performance, it gives investors the transparency they need to compare and evaluate investment managers.
Who Should Adopt GIPS Standards?
Why adopt GIPS standards?
The GIPS standards
- Are a rigorous set of investment performance measurement standards adopted in 37 countries and recognized globally.
- Enable investors to directly compare one firm’s track record with another firm’s record.
- Include composite presentation, improving transparency by eliminating survivorship biases, misrepresentations and historical data omissions.
- Evolve to address issues that arise in a dynamic investment industry.
- Incentive firms to invest significant time and resources into internal risk-control mechanisms and setting performance benchmarks — the hallmarks of reliable long-term success. (To claim compliance, an investment firm must demonstrate adherence to comprehensive rules governing input data, calculation methodology, composite construction, disclosures, and presentation and reporting.)
Source: CFA Institute
Become a CGIA CIF
Ready to move your financial firm a step higher?
Get certified by the CGIA. Apply now to become a CGIA Certified Investment Firm (CIF).